Tuesday 3 November 2009

I don't

I don't possess any of the witty, humorous ability of many of the worlds blogs.

I do have new gear though!

I managed to part with the pennies and get myself a used Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM.


This baby's my new pride and joy - not surprising as the rest of my kit is fairly basic thus far and is my dipping toe in the watery ocean of lenses. Sweet baby Jesu, there are a ton of them! I managed to snag this bad boy - finally - from eBay, for the sum total of £330. Not a bargain and a bit of a risk but most lenses on eBay fetch close to their original RRP if in good nick!

This really was a bargain though as it was absolutely MINT condition, supplied with box and even the original instructions & internal packaging. I'd couldn't tell the lens had ever been used! It also came with a lens hood and an appropriate UV filter to boot - I checked the manufacturers of each out - together they were worth another £30 or so.


Two more of these fella's arrived on the doorstep the other morning straight from MBP Photography - used but in immaculate condition. Needed these quite badly to give longer shooting time and also to power my new cheapy battery grip.


Whilst being pretty cheapy, it's actually fairly good quality. It feels solid screwed into the base of my 450D with no wobble. The buttons are tactile and feel nice when pressed, the only part I don't really like is the shutter speed wheel. For such a cheap price and otherwise good quality, I can totally live with it though!

The final addition to my kit in more recent climbs as been a 58mm Hoya Circular Polarising Filter. Been really pleased with its quality and the results gained when using it in relevant conditions.



1 comment:

  1. I guess i'll crop these images and re-up them a bit later, right now I'm busy!

    ReplyDelete